Hi there! I’m Kerry and I’m delighted to have you visit my online home.
The first thing I’ll tell you about myself is that my love language is words of affirmation,
so you can expect lots of uplifting, encouraging and supportive dialogue from me.
If we’re in conversation, I probably won’t be able to resist shining a light on all the beautiful aspects I see in you.
If you walk away feeling great about yourself, my day will be made!
Here are 3 things I want you to know:
You are enough.
You are deserving of a life that sparks joy.
Did you read that quickly?
If so I invite you to read it again,
and let the words really sink in.
In my work over the last 18 years as a yoga teacher, women’s circle facilitator and now as a coach, I’ve seen that so often women put their needs, wants and aspirations last on the list. Whether it’s because we’re stuck in the people pleasing paradigm we were raised with, or motherhood calls us to prioritise our children, or fear keeps us from reaching for our dreams, we tend not to focus on our own contentment.
Over the short term this may leave us feeling depleted. Maybe at times a little resentful. However, when this pattern persists over years we reach a point where our lives lack the depth of direction and fulfilment we truly desire.
What I’ve learnt through my own journey of creating a fulfilling and beautiful life is that when you know, embrace and celebrate who you are, this clarity and confidence spills out into all areas of your world. You move into alignment with your inner truth and life flows with ease.
From this foundation of self-acceptance comes radical self-belief, and a knowing that your happiness matters and you are capable of attaining your dreams.
From here life unfolds in the most magnificent ways.
You break free from the limiting beliefs that are holding you back.
You move out of procrastination and perfectionism into action.
You establish healthy boundaries and stop feeling guilty about prioritising your needs.
You let go of imposter syndrome and the impulse to compare yourself to others.
You talk to yourself with more compassion and less criticism.
You learn to trust your inner guidance system.
You relinquish the exhausting ‘shoulds’ and find freedom in being true to beautiful YOU.
You courageously and confidently step forward to claim the joy-filled life you deserve!
So who am I and why does this work mean so much to me?
The abridged version:
I’m very familiar with self-doubt and thinking I’m not enough, and I’ve worked for years on learning to trust, love and accept myself. I’ve also had to leave my comfort zone a number of times, so I know what it takes to thrive through challenge and change. I’m passionate about sharing the mindset tools and practices that I’ve learnt along the way, in order to support, uplift and empower others. It’s my heartfelt wish that every woman knows how worthy, wise and wonderful she is.
The extended version:
– I’m an optimist who sees beauty everywhere. A stop and gasp at the moon kind of gal!
– I found my first yoga teacher in the yellow pages – yup, google wasn’t a thing back then! It was love at first try and I’m deeply grateful for the practice and all it brings to my life.
– My husband is from Bulgaria. We met at 3.00am in a Johannesburg nightclub (ahhhh the party days!). The encounter was brief and when we said goodbye I kissed him on the cheek. He told me he knew from that moment we’d be together!
– Motherhood was a huge transition for me and it took time for me to find my way. I felt completely out of my depth in those early days. Now with a teen and a tween, being a mum continues to expand, inspire, challenge and delight me.
– I lived in South Africa until I was 39. We then spent 7 years in Sydney and now call Canberra home.
– Our move to Australia was sudden! We had 6 weeks to pack up and say goodbye after my husband’s contract was finalised. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. However, like most hard things, it grew me in wonderful ways and birthed within me an incredible resilience and strength.
– I owned a gorgeous yoga studio in Sydney. It was a dream come true, the community was incredible and I loved every minute of it!
– I am equally fuelled by spending time with people as I am by being alone. Getting the balance right keeps me grounded and happy.
– Coffee, slow starts on the weekends and a great Netflix series are high on my list of what brings me joy!
– I continuously invest in my development and learning, both for my personal growth as well as to serve my clients in the best possible way I can.
– I love holding space for women to feel seen, heard, held and valued. It’s without a doubt part of my life’s purpose.
I bring to my work certificates and qualifications, but also my innate ability to uplift and encourage,
to listen without judgement and to offer wise and intuitive reflection.
I believe that each of us has a valuable story to tell, and I’d love to hear yours.
If you choose to work with me you’ll have someone who is passionate, engaged and excited to support you.
I see my role as facilitator as an absolute privilege and would be honoured to play a part in your journey.
Click here to find out more about coaching with me
Click here to learn how I can support you through yoga and meditation
Click here to read about my bespoke celebration circles
Click here to find out about upcoming events
Click here to read my musings
My Qualifications and Experience
Beautiful You Life Coach
Certified ISHTA Yoga Teacher
Certified Bliss Baby Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher
Women’s Circle Facilitator
Yoga Teacher Mentor
Reiki Level 1 Certification
Body Talk Fundamentals
Victim Support Counsellor for The South African Police Force